Last time we talked about Facebook Pages. Now it’s time for a Twitter Account for your company and/or brand.
According to your marketing strategy you may want to share your thoughts and connect to your audience on Twitter. Here are some instructions on how to make a Twitter Account for your brand.
It’s not a lot of work, so don’t worry. Just a couple of minutes and your brand-new Twitter Account will be ready.
- First go to twitter.com and create an account using the Sign up form. Put the name of your company/brand in the ‘Full name’ field, then your e-mail address and password to your account
- After that you will need to fill the ‘Username’ field – that should be the name of your brand again (that will also be the name in your URL – e.g. if your username is MyBrand, your URL will be twitter.com/MyBrand)
- In the next step you can put your phone number or simply click on ‘Skip’ below the ‘Next’ button
- Click on the ‘Let’s go’ button
- Choose your interests (in what industry your company/brand is?). Click on the ‘Continue’ button
- Choose people you want to follow or simply unselect all and click on the ‘Continue’ button
- Now it’s time to customize your profile. First you need to upload your profile photo. Click on the ‘Upload photo’ button and choose an image. It’s best if your photo would be 400px by 400px
- Click on the ‘Continue’ button
- Click on the ‘Skip this step’ link
- Again – you may choose people you want to follow or simply unselect all and click on the ‘Continue’ button
- Your account is ready. Now you need to customize it a little bit more
- First you need to confirm your email address. So go to your email client and find a message from Twitter. Open the message and click on the ‘Confirm now’ button in this message
- Once you see the ‘Your account has been confirmed. Thanks!’ message – everything’s fine
- Now click on your icon in the right upper corner and then on the ‘View profile’ link
- Click on the ‘Edit profile’ button
- Click on the ‘Add a header photo’ link and choose an image you want to have as the header of your profile page. It’s best if your photo would be 1500px by 500px
- Next fill the ‘Bio’ field – put some information about your brand there
- Next fill the ‘Location’ field – you can put any location you want there. That could be your city, your country or something less specific e.g. Europe or Worldwide
- Next fill the ‘Website’ field – put the URL of your website there
- Next ‘Birthday’ – you may put some information or not. It’s not an obligatory field
- Click on the ‘Save changes’ button
- The last thing – your time zone. Click on your icon again. Then on ‘Settings’
- Change ‘Time Zone’ for the one you want and click on the ‘Save changes’ button
- That’s all. You can write your first post now
- Good luck!
Btw. Here’s a great post with all the dimensions of the images you may want to upload to your Twitter Account.